Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook





For today, Thursday, January 20, 2011


I am thinking...
  I am thinking about some new friends (the Joshuas) who spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with our family.  Eden just loved their daughter Meesha.  They are similar in age and really hit it off.  Meesha has stage 4 neuroblastoma and is in the hospital recovering from surgery.  Pray for them if you think about it.

I am thankful for...  Payday is tomorrow.  We killed the budget this month and this past week has been one of scraping the bottom of the barrel (or to be more literal, the jelly jar).

From my kitchen...  I am having to be extremely creative this week as  we had no grocery budget.  I am doing some serious pantry purging.  I made a terrible loaf of wheat bread yesterday.  I am certain I followed the recipe, but it tasted a bit like salty cardboard.  Anyone have some good whole wheat recipes I can stick in the bread machine?

I'm going to...   Start the day.  I need to get on the ball this morning!  I am still in PJs and so are the kids (it's 11am)!  In my defense, I *have* done a load of laundry and put away 3 folded loads...

I'm reading...  You are Your Child's First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin.

I'm hoping...  Hoping we can all get some sleep tonight.  It has been a rough few nights in a row and I am beginning to feel sleep deprived.

I am creating...  Appliques for Theo's quilt!

I am hearing...  Theo's signature "growl" and him shaking a can of peanuts.

Around the house...  The kitchen looks pretty good, but I really need to tackle the bedrooms.  Fortunately, they are on the list for today!

A few plans for the weekend...  After Theo's OT tomorrow, we are heading up to Elkton, VA with some friends to do a little cabin camping.  We haven't been camping in quite some time and it should be a fun weekend!

A picture thought... Here is sweet Meesha tea-partying with my kids.  Seriously, pray for her today.






1 comment:

  1. I love doing and reading these! I haven't done one in a while, I probably should.

    ReplyDelete