Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I've learned so-far, and some stuff I knew already!

I want to share a little bit about the resources I am finding for local and whole foods.  This will be a continuing post as I keep hearing of other resources.  I will share resources I already know and whenever possible I will provide a link.  Find this post again on the right side bar.  If you know of any sources I am missing, or if you find a broken link, let me know!!

Local Food Movement:

Local Harvest- Find farms, CSAs, farmer's markets and "local food" blogs.
Sustainable Table- Find out what the issues are, shopping guides and recipes.
Eat Well Guide- Find local foods, plan a trip, and see what foods are in season.
Pick Your Own- Find local farms to pick your own strawberries, pumpkins, apples and much more!

Grocery Stores:

Ellwood Thompson's Local Market- Locally owned, independent grocer, local, natural and organic foods.
Good Food's Grocery- Locally owned, independent grocer, local, natural and organic foods.
Whole Food's Market- Chain grocer, local, natural and organic foods.
Trader Joe's- Chain grocer, natural foods, bulk foods.

Co-ops:

Quail Cove Farms
Frontier
Fall Line Farms
Goochland Farmer's Market

Grass-Fed Beef:

Dragonfly Farms, Beaverdam, VA
Polyface Farms, Swoope, VA
Mount Vernon Farm, Sperryville, VA

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA):

Agriberry
Kruize Farms
Frog Bottom Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment