Wednesday, August 17, 2011

3 weeks in...

We have one day left in our third week of homeschooling.  So far it has been so much fun for me.  I believe Eden is enjoying it, too.

We haven't started the Wee Folk Art curriculum yet (we will begin that the day after Labor Day).  Right now I am sort of making it up as we go.  We are reading Little House on the Prairie, so we have done a little bit of geography tracking their trip from the Big Woods near Pepin, Wisconsin to Independence, Kansas.  We are doing a unit study on manners using the book Don't Slurp Your Soup by Lynn Gibbs.  


I mentioned in my post on choosing curriculum that the Explode the Code A, B and C don't introduce the vowels.   I also mentioned that we would do the vowels on our own.  I have pieced together a week of lessons on each vowel using some worksheets that were given to me in the form of a large kindergarten workbook.  


Saxon math is working out well.  It doesn't seem much like math yet.  There is lots of playing with manipulatives (or toys, as Eden sees it), which I love!  We are also learning the calendar through daily repetition.


The workboxes are working out better than I could have hoped!  Eden responds SO well to them.  She loves anticipating what is next and it really keeps her on task.  It has also been great for me to be able to plan.  The workboxes keep me accountable and I know I have everything I need for the day when I have had to go through the lesson to put it in the workbox.

Praying we keep having good days and weeks!

Oh, and in other news, Theo has been peeing in the potty today!  Only one accident so far!

1 comment: