Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kids and Quilts and Coops and Plants and Life

There is so much going on here that I don't know where to begin.  I always hate those "I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long so let me tell you everything I did in the past month" posts.  I'll try not to write one of those...

Progress has been steady on the coop.  The chicks will be here next week and will be in the house for the first couple of weeks, so we still have a little time.  We stopped by the feed store last week and looked at their chicks.  Eden called Brandon and told him that the chicks were "so amazing I had a tear in my eye!"  Needless to say, we are really excited!

Framing is done on the run.

Some other big news in the Rollogas house.  We have decided to homeschool Eden for Kindergarten this fall.  She has one of those cursed November birthdays.  The state of Virginia won't allow her to go to kindergarten this fall.  Anyone who has met Eden, though, will know that that isn't going to stop her from being precocious and learning everything she can anyway.  So, we are jumping in with both feet and officially starting the Hunter's Grove Academy. 

We are leaving future grades (and children) open to all the options.  We will see how things go this fall.  I have begun collecting items for our little homeschool corner of the living room, studying "methods", looking at curriculum, reading blogs and asking questions to anyone I meet who teaches their children at home.
Bargain Easel: retails for $100, purchased on Craigslist for $20!

Eden's Purple school desk!
The garden is growing like a champ, but I have no recent photos.  I will do a garden post soon.

The other project I am working on is Theo's big boy room.  I am making him a quilt and the room will have a classic car theme.  I found some old galvanized gas cans that  I plan to make lamps out of.  The quilt will have car appliques.  
Here are some photos of the finished appliques.  We need some more rainy days so I can work on the quilt some more!
72 Buick GS

Model A Ford

1940 Ford Pickup 
Old Gas Pump

1960 Corvette

VW Thing

VW Microbus

1 comment:

  1. I had to bring Al over here to see the chicken coop. He was fascinated about it - wants to know are those cinder blocks in the ground, and if so is the red part attached to them? I hope it's finished when I get there because I would love to see a red coop! And the quilt pieces are off the charts awesome!

    ReplyDelete