Monday, February 7, 2011

28 Days of Love! Day 7

Go check out My Country Cupboard for her 28 Days of Love!

Posting here every day is so much more difficult on the weekends.  It is not like I'm sitting around doing nothing, though.  I got to finalize the garden plan, complete my seed order and my cabbage seeds are sprouting in the windowsill.  I got to spend some time with a good friend who has just moved back to town, spend an afternoon antiquing with another friend and our 4 year old little girls (not for the faint of heart) and I bought a new book.

The new book is Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen.  I had checked out Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions from the library several times and I know there is a lot of love for Sally out there, but this book seemed like the better choice for me.  I honestly really don't like to cook and I couldn't justify buying 2 cookbooks at once.  Forgotten Skills goes through a lot of fun topics like foraging, cooking game and preserving food.  It is a really beautiful book with wonderful photos.  It really appeals to the bibliophile in me!

So anyway, I am cooking Winter Squash Souffle tonight.  Not from the new book, but from here at Nourished Kitchen.  

My love for the day (yes, I am just going to skip yesterday) is kids who love tools!  
My littles love helping out with our jobs around the house and that makes me happy!
Eden, age 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment